The importance of writing articles is increasing growing as many internet marketers are witnessing the multiple benefits of this marketing tool.
Many of the new internet marketers remember only one of the benefits which is getting back links to their websites. They completely forget that through the articles that they distribute they are building their reputation not only with the readers but also with the article distribution sites. This reputation is what is going to help them build a relationship with their audience that could eventually turn into visitors to their site who could turn into paying customers.
When writing articles you should remember the following:
1. Your prospects are getting to know you through your articles. If you are writing for the sake of getting back links the readers will realize your intention easily and they will never click on your link. It is just like a sales call, if your prospect feels that you are pushing for the sale, he / she will never buy. But if they feel that you are actually trying to help, then your chances are much better for closing the deal.
2. What you write and distribute today will always haunt you tomorrow. Learning the hard way on the internet might be extremely costly as anyone who is doing any search on you will get amongst the results your old work. The question would be; would they realize that this work was when you were new?
3. Encourage your readers to click on your resource box by making sure to give them useful information that would really help them. Meaning; if you still want to distribute a large quantity of articles within a short a period of time, do not make that an excuse to reduce the quality of your articles. Each article should be written in the same spirit as if you are writing one article a month.
Writing articles poses two major obstacles to the marketers who are interested in this online marketing tool:
1. The ability to actually write articles.
2. The ability to distribute articles in an effective and efficient manner.
For those who find difficulties in writing articles themselves I would recommend training themselves to that because in the long run it will serve them immensely in controlling the frequency of writing articles and the subjects that they want to write about. The recommended strategy is as follows:
1. For the first couple of months hire a copy writer or the services of copy writing companies that would write articles specifically for you on the subject that you wish. Remember this is not buying a copy of an article that is sent to many others. This has to be written exclusively for you.
2. During the second month and while you are still getting the services of the exclusively written articles, get one article per week and re-write it in your own words. Meaning, get the core subject and write about it in your own way.
3. Now you can drop the exclusive services and start getting ghost written articles. Be careful, you will need to re-write those as they are given to many others. When I say re-write, I mean really re-write. Do not change few words here and there or change paragraphs and then submit, because your article will be redirected. You need to make a completely new article out of the same core subject. You can get those articles in one of the following ways:
a. You can buy such articles
b. You can search for articles related to a certain subject and choose a combination of ideas presented in those different articles. This is a free option.
c. You can visit article directories and search for articles that suit you. This is also a free option.
Remember you will need to re-write the whole article, do not use someone else's article and put your name on it. This is:
1. Not Ethical
2. Will be rejected by article directories.
3. If repeated you might get black listed in some directories.
As every single person in internet marketing would tell you, there are two ways to submit articles; manually and automatically. Automatically is done either through a software package or an article distribution service.
My first straight forward recommendation is never to attempt to use the manual option unless there are a few extremely important sites that you need to be 100% sure that your article is submitted to them.
The automatic approach is a must to submit your article to as many directories as possible. Therefore, do not limit yourself either to an article distribution service or an article submiter software, rather use both options.
Do not purchase the first software that comes your way. There are several around and their prices and features vary a lot. Ask about the best options in forums, you will be getting very useful answers. This is how I bought my software package.
Purchasing a software could be a difficult issue to internet marketers from countries that are not among the listed countries in Paypal and Clickbank. Do not be discourages when you find that. What you should do is find the contact link on the site of the seller and ask them if they have other payment options.
Submitting articles is great fun and a wonderful motivation factor. The more you find your name around the internet the more you want to write articles.